Task Team for the Infrastructure
Target completion date: 2008-10-27
Infrastructure Task Team has been "Running" as per decision at community meeting 3/11/08.
If you want to participate in this project, add your name to the "Participants" field in the form, and send your ssh key to one or more of the existing members.
Members are in the InfrastructureTaskTeamGroup
- Set up several project servers, distribute content / load somehow
- provide admin support for the project servers
- ensure service availability for Tasks web and subversion repository.
- Ensure all standard admin expectations (backup, security etc) are fulfilled.
- Audit registered users and ensure that spammers are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- manage the mailing lists (currently on sourceforge).
- root access all the servers
- recognition as the "admin team" prominent on Foswiki site
- determine purpose/role for donated servers and/or server space
- remove spam and legally infringing content.
We plan to have geo-dns for
.foswiki.org, with syncing so that a user's request comes from the closest server to that user, and then any change URL's will get directed to the master server. See DistributedServersPlan
Move to Tasks and add SEARCH
- add foswiki.org hosts for each donated host
- set up our own DNS servers with geo-dns
- write plugin for advanced url output
SVN Commit access
- Add the users to the respective groups (in alphabetical order):
- Then mail them and the foswiki-dev list a welcome based on this canned message
- change the CheckinRequest topic's category to FoswikiDeveloper
- Add them to the DevelopersGroup
- Commit emails and twitter posts work from
Nightly builds (VM)
Sven's machine takes care of this.
- runs a build at 1:30am Sydney time, and outputs results to http://fosiki.com/Foswiki_trunk/ Sends an email to foswiki-svn on unit test failure - no news is good news.
|| Debian and Ubuntu, most unixes (weaker)
|| Debian, RHEL, Windows XP, OSX (weak)
|| *BSD, Linux (any distro), other unices (eg OSX, AIX, Solaris, ...)
|| Debian (Atari ST, Suse)
|| Debian, Solaris, SLES, *BSD, so most SystemV unices
|| Debian, Solaris, OSX, RHEL, WindowsNT ->2003 server
|| Debian, OSX, RHEL
|| RHEL, Centos
- Possible Mac Mini OSX server - au.foswiki.org & osx.foswiki.org
- Virtualisation of the servers
- Linux VServer
- Solaris 10 Zones
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Tinderbox with different configurations and architectures
2009 Status Update
Things we have done
- enabled commit access for XXX new developers
- ported TWikiBot to FoswikiBot; installed; added new module to tweet from IRC; enabled RSS feeds to see wiki page changes and incoming tweets from within IRC
New things we need to do
Note from the association board
; the excellent work of this team in keeping the servers running, and responding quickly to untoward events, has been critical to the project to date. Keep up the good work!
The association board
has a duty to establish the PrivacyPolicy
and is looking to this team to help ensure it is implemented.
Sven, can we have a status update please?
- 09 Dec 2009
from this group on his own request
- 10 Apr 2010
An action plan is required to move http://blog.foswiki.org
to a new server.
- 14 Mar 2013
| Summary || Setting up and maintaining the server and network infrastructure |
| Team lead || SvenDowideit |
| Participants || KoenMartens, CrawfordCurrie, KwangErnLiew, OliverKrueger, OlivierRaginel, WillNorris, ColasNahaboo, KennethLavrsen, GeorgeClark, PaulHarvey |
| Charter Date || 3 Nov 2008 |
| Next Review Due || After association is formed |
| Status || Running |
| RelatedTopics || DistributedServersPlan, WelcomeDeveloper, CheckinRequest, FoswikiDeveloper, InfrastructureTaskTeamItems, PootleTranslationServer |