Task Team for the Infrastructure
Target completion date: 2008-10-27
Infrastructure Task Team has been "Running" as per decision at community meeting 3/11/08.
If you want to participate in this project, add your name to the "Participants" field in the form, and send your ssh key to one or more of the existing members.
Members are in the InfrastructureTaskTeamGroup
- find, and gain commitment for, project web servers
- provide admin support for the project servers
- ensure service of project servers, including
- subversion repository
- translation infrastructure
- unit tests
- Ensure all standard admin expectations (backup, security etc) are fulfilled.
- Audit registered users and ensure that spammers are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- manage the mailing lists (currently on sourceforge)
- handle content takedown demands issued against foswiki.org quickly and effectively
- root access all the servers
- recognition as the "admin team" prominent on Foswiki site
- remove spam and legally infringing content.
We plan to have geo-dns for
Move to Tasks and add SEARCH
dynamic.foswiki.org, with syncing so that a user's request comes from the closest server to that user, and then any change URL's will get directed to the master server. See DistributedServersPlan for details.
- add foswiki.org hosts for each donated host
- set up our own DNS servers with geo-dns
- write plugin for advanced url output
| Foswiki community
SVN Commit access
- Add the users to the respective groups (in alphabetical order):
- Then mail them and the foswiki-dev list a welcome based on this canned message
- change the CheckinRequest topic's category to FoswikiDeveloper
- Add them to the DevelopersGroup
- Commit emails and twitter posts work from
Nightly builds (VM)
Sven's machine takes care of this.
- runs a build at 1:30am Sydney time, and outputs results to http://fosiki.com/Foswiki_trunk/ Sends an email to foswiki-svn on unit test failure - no news is good news.
|| Debian and Ubuntu, most unixes (weaker)
|| Debian, RHEL, Windows XP, OSX (weak)
|| *BSD, Linux (any distro), other unices (eg OSX, AIX, Solaris, ...)
|| Debian (Atari ST, Suse)
|| Debian, Solaris, SLES, *BSD, so most SystemV unices
|| Debian, Solaris, OSX, RHEL, WindowsNT ->2003 server
|| Debian, OSX, RHEL
|| RHEL, Centos
|| Debian, Ubuntu (in parts RHEL, Centos, Suse, Solaris, AIX)
|| Ubuntu, zOS, Windows (weaker)
- Possible Mac Mini OSX server - au.foswiki.org & osx.foswiki.org
- Virtualisation of the servers
- Linux VServer
- Solaris 10 Zones
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Tinderbox with different configurations and architectures
2009 Status Update
Things we have done
- enabled commit access for XXX new developers
- ported TWikiBot to FoswikiBot; installed; added new module to tweet from IRC; enabled RSS feeds to see wiki page changes and incoming tweets from within IRC
New things we need to do
Note from the association board
; the excellent work of this team in keeping the servers running, and responding quickly to untoward events, has been critical to the project to date. Keep up the good work!
The association board
has a duty to establish the PrivacyPolicy
and is looking to this team to help ensure it is implemented.
Sven, can we have a status update please?
- 09 Dec 2009
from this group on his own request
- 10 Apr 2010
An action plan is required to move http://blog.foswiki.org
to a new server.
- 14 Mar 2013
Sven seems to have left the building. So the Team Lead seat is vacant. Anybody of the Participants to volunteer?
- 23 May 2014
I'd like to join and see if I can help
- 23 May 2014
I refined and modernised the goals above. Shouldn't Florian be a member of this team, given that it's his server that is providing the unit testing service?
- 03 Jun 2014
to document the plan and document the configuration as we implement it.
- 15 Jan 2016
I removed some Participants that have left the community in the meantime, and added Markus who is currently leading all admin stuff on the FoswikiOrgServer
- 25 May 2018
Removed some "DNS hosts", "Servers" entries that have vanished in the past.
- 26 May 2018