Foswiki area of interest
Personal goals on the foswiki project
- Personal, public: maintain my personal web site as a fowsiki one. See http://colas.nahaboo.net
Issues: security, view performance, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization SEO, simplicity
- Personal, private: continued use of foswiki as a familly & friends circles site to host all our information.
Issues: French localization, Wysiwyg, flexibility, power, enhancements via scripts
- Work, private: continued use of foswiki as the backbone of our intranet sites: both for cooperative classic wiki and (new) more formal intranet pages.
Issues: skin customization, Wysiwyg, scalability (we have 30,000 pages), entreprise integration (Search engines, LDAP, RSS, Sharepoint, ...)
What do I think are principles to guide development for the foswiki system
- reliability - I do not have to monitor it
- trustability - I know that whatever disaster strike I will be able to recover
- perennity - I want to keep using foswiki forever to protect my data
- unixity - Be based on a very definite set of objects (everything is a file, files are lines of text) with powerfully simple tools to handle them, in a language agnostic way. And do not sacrifice unix power for windows portability
- manageability - I can install/update dozens of foswiki installs: I manage 8 separate production foswiki sites
- community - I want the system to be kept alive, and receive new ideas by a community of people with different backgrounds
- readability - the foswiki syntax can be used to take notes, or email twiki-unaware people