This web is the place for all Foswiki developers: programmers, translators, documentors, designers, and graphic artists.
We are always looking for new contributors
with a special expertise or just plain motivation. You can make Foswiki better! We invite you to find out how you can help
Statistics from Ohloh
What sort of developer are you?
Plugin and Contrib developers
- Core Developers develop features of the core package that everyone gets when they first install Foswiki
- Extension Developers develop extensions that sit on the edges of Foswiki, enhancing functionality in some way. Extensions can be publicly released via the Extensions web.
- Plugin developers hide behind a narrow API that hides most of the core.
- Contrib developers include people who develop extras such as skins, or language translations. Some Contrib developers also extend the core code - for example, to add a new authentication scheme.
may want to start with the ExtensionDeveloperGuide
, and come back here later. Core developers
, read on...
The project overview
gives a high-level view of the processes that developers use to collaborate successfully.
Getting the code
Testing and reporting
- ReleasePlan - list of the planned releases including key components and their timelines
- Release Process - how feature requests are handled, and how you can add a request
Development by subject