Brainstorming for Foswiki

Ideas are oozing out of someone's head, and have to be captured before they make a mess on the carpet. Use a ChangeProposal for less out-of-the-box stuff.

Topic name:

Use a name in WikiNotation.

Recently modified topics: UserAuthMapping2dot0, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170710, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170626, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170529, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170515, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170501, WhippingOOFoswikiIntoShape, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170403, SuppressNonpublishedLinks, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170220, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170320, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170206, BulkTopicCreationFromTables, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170123, ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170109, ReleaseMeeting02X01_20151214, ExtensionVersionsAndCleanUp, ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160905, ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160808, ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160711

Results from Development web retrieved at 23:21 (GMT)

AddEncodingToTXTFiles
AddEncodingToTXTFiles Add encoding to .TXT files Currently .txt files are written by the back end stores (RCSStoreContrib anb PlainFileStoreContrib) without any ...
AllowApostrophesInNames
AllowApostrophesInNames Proposal to make Apostrophes (and maybe even spaces) in names possible I have reported this already in the Task Web here, but I believe t...
AllowingQuotesInSearchFormat
AllowingQuotesInSearchFormat Headline Anyone thought about introducing a new quoting mechanism inside SEARCH ="" to avoid the ridiculous use of $quot and $percnt...
BinaryDiffs
BinaryDiffs Binary Diff's Our users attach lots of drafts of large documents. I would like Foswiki to use something like http://xdelta.org/ to reduce the storage...
BrainstormingDataFormDefinitions
System.DataForms tables are awkward and limiting Problems: * Types and their modifiers are a little awkward (thinking of select multi values...etc). This could...
BugsContrib
BugsContrib After manually installing the BugsContrib into an existing web with a different name, I'm wondering what is the "correct" way to do this? I notice th...
BulkTopicCreationFromTables
BulkTopicCreationFromTables A mechanism for Foswiki that turns data in a table into a set of data form based topics Is there a mechanism for Foswiki that will co...
CentralizeHtmlFormHandling
Feature Proposal: Centralize HTML form handling with an API for developers and end users Motivation This proposal originates from my work on Extensions.FormPlugi...
CodeRefactoringForFastQueries
Code Refactoring For Fast Queries Searching is absolutely key to everything Foswiki does. This topic is for developers working on the core to discuss the detailed...
ConfigureRequirementsForDeployment
This topic is to try to capture the environments where configure needs to be functional, and the specific quirks and restrictions that each environment applies as...
ContentMultilanguagePlugin
Discussion about content multilanguage abilities in Foswiki Since we have a couple of international companies as our customers we are looking for an easy content ...
ConvertDatesToISO
Convert dates to ISO dates Foswiki date handling should use uniform ISO dates so that apps can filter and sort. See also: Development.AllowTypedData Problem Date...
CpanCompatibility
CPAN Compatibility This is a starting proposal; please modify and update. Packaging and installation strategy The Foswiki project shall consist of one CPAN packa...
CreateBaseSkin
Create Base Skin This is about a new base skin to build other skins upon. At the same time this is a project of refactoring current template practice. Our goals: ...
EditorAPI
EditorAPI Motivation This is a Brainstorming topic about how to organize the javascript behind the scene to implement different editors, even mix different edito...
EnableCloudStorageForAttachments
EnableCloudStorageForAttachments Extension of Attachment store to support Cloud Storage. Inspired by Main.WillNorris new Extensions.S3LinkPlugin, and the DBISto...
EnableWikiEditingOfSystemTopics
EnableWikiEditingOfSystemTopics Enable Wiki editing of System topics We are "the wiki that can't be edited" because of our SVN based development of the System do...
EnablingIncrementalCoreUpdates
EnablingIncrementalCoreUpdates Using the Extension mechanism for small incremental Core updates We need a easier way to bring out small core updates and fixes wi...
EnhanceRenderListPlugin
EnhanceRenderListPlugin Enhance RenderListPlugin In the interest of reducing code duplications I propose to incorporate the functionality of the Extensions.Tree...
EveryFoswikiARepository
EveryFoswikiARepository Every Foswiki A Repository If and when Foswiki is in CPAN, there will be a host of places to download it from. However, until then, every...
ExposeDeveloperSettings
ExposeDeveloperSettings Create a new configure section called "Developer Settings" Background In the 1.1 branch, there was a setting called "WarningsAreErrors" ...
ExtensionInclude
ExtensionInclude This topic is used by extension dev pages as an introduction. Development This is the topic to discuss development of If you need support, ...
ExtensionVersionsAndCleanUp
ExtensionVersionsAndCleanUp Introduction This topic is arguably more of a brain dump that a brain storm but I needed to start somewhere. Some background, work on...
FixRename
FixRename Renaming should be much easier In other wikis (e.g. Confluence), renaming a page is done on the same page as editing it. It's as simple as clicking on ...
FormaliseJavascriptLibraries
Formalise JS libraries in Foswiki JQueryPlugin provides a good model already: This goes off and processes something called "foo", which will use ADDTOHEAD/ZONE to...
FormaliseMacroSpecification
Formalise a specification for a macro's arguments, among other things Prompted by WIBNIF thoughts over the last 6 months and then seeing that XWiki seems to have ...
FoswikiArchitecture
FoswikiArchitecture System Architecture First Shot: Please feel free to comment, redraw, etc. Foswiki_Architecture.ppt This looks as if setting up Foswiki is ve...
FoswikiDOM
I want a Foswiki::DOM! Why From https://github.com/csirac2/core/blob/dom/lib/Foswiki/DOM.pm The mission is to present a tree of Foswiki::DOM::Node objects from s...
FoswikiFarms
FoswikiFarms Foswiki Farms I really, really want out of the box support for Foswiki Farms, both managed and user initiated. IMHO, that would be a best of breed f...
FoswikiOnAStick
FoswikiOnAStick Foswiki on a USB stick using Strawberry Perl and I am working on building a hyperfast test, demo and personal use Foswiki. Initially it will be...
FoswikiStandardVirtualMachines
FoswikiStandardVirtualMachines Foswiki Standard Virtual Machines IMHO, using standardized VM's for development and testing would be a good idea (if you all are n...
FoswikiTwoZero
Developers, add your list of things you want to get into Foswiki 2.0 below. This is not a wish list of things other people should do. It's a statement of what you...
FutureFoswikiDeploymentScenarios
FutureFoswikiDeploymentScenarios The FutureFoswiki (FuFo) Deployment Scenarios What will be the recommended and supported Foswiki deployment scenario in the Futu...
GoogleDocsIntegration
GoogleDocsIntegration How to integrate the power of Google Docs for Foswiki Do you see a way how we could use the applications within Google Docs with Foswiki? T...
GroupFunctionalityForCollaboration
Turn groups into collaboration units In Foswiki the concept of groups is much around access control. Browse through the documentation and you'll hardly find other...
HierarchicalOrTreeSearches
HierarchicalOrTreeSearches Headline It's a common feature of databases to have tables with a parent child relationship. We can create these with nested searches ...
HomepageRedesignTalks
Homepage redesign discussion page We are now in de luxury position to discuss 2 proposals for the new design: 1 Sandbox.CarloSchulzSandbox by Carlo 1 Sand...
HowToAddressNonMETAmetadata
HowToAddressNonMETAmetadata There are a couple of "things" in Foswiki topics that are really meta data well, they are processed that way, though they appear in ...
ImmediateNotifyPlugin
Should we merge features of several plugins that appear to provide similar / overlapping functions: * Extensions.NotificationPlugin, * Configured per us...
ImplementingLinkProposals
Implementing link proposals Gathering thoughts before tackling a re work of link handling in Foswiki * AddFoswikiFuncWikifyWebTopicName ( Tasks.Item11356 ) ...
ImproveSqlPlugin
ImproveSqlPlugin output of 'svn diff' and a .tgz are attached. Bind Parameters %SQL{"query" ...parameter ...}% Parameter Description Default query ...
ImprovingPerformanceUsingCaching
ImprovingPerformanceUsingCaching "How to prevent doing the same thing twice." or "Look, mummy, it has found the same hardware once again while booting." This is a...
InteractionPatternsForEdit
Interaction patterns for Edit Research which interaction is best suited for the Edit action. The intention is to list a limited set of ideal interactions that can...
JiraPlugin
I am about to start writing a JiraPlugin with the current loose spec: Replace == with a small HTML snippet with BUG 1234, the Jira type and Jira workflow status i...
KinoSearchContrib
Installation examples: (just put them as you want below, and we will format it nicely and maybe merge some with the plugin documentation) Installation on debian ...
LargeSiteAclPerformance
Discussion: Problem with ACL Performance At large Sites Motivation Low performance at large legacy sites with mandatory ACLs can be a showstopper for upgrade fro...
LightboxPlugin
Can this be obseleted with the JQueryPlugin's lightbox plugin? Main.WillNorris 16 Feb 2010
MIMETypeForWikiSyntax
Brainstorming Media Types for T/Foswiki TML WikiText Motivation Having a media type for Foswiki TML markup is useful: * ... if we wanted to allow HTTP Content...
MakeFoswikiPSGIConformant
MakeFoswikiPSGIConformant Previous conversation available at rev 11 At Community.FoswikiCamp2011, I made a start at converting Foswiki to PSGI. This will give us ...
MongoDBPlugin
Preliminary reading The official mongo documentation is quite good, but a little sparse for examples of setting up shards that consist of replica sets. Useful lin...
NativeLinuxPackageFormats
NativeLinuxPackageFormats Native Linux Package Formats My impression is that 90% of the Linux world uses .deb or .rpm for packages, so it would be good if Foswik...
NeedBetterWayToControlBots
NeedBetterWayToControlBots How can we better control bot scans Looking at the Foswiki.org logs, it appears that the various indexing bots, especially Bing, are g...
OpenOfficeFrontEnd
OpenOfficeFrontEnd Motivation to OpenOfficeFrontEnd While the GUI based interfaces are good. Unless you are dealing with Writely (now called Google Docs) they a...
OptionsForEnhanceIfStatementsAndAttrsParsing
OptionsForEnhanceIfStatementsAndAttrsParsing Overview Currently, the %IF macro only allows one conditional test (i.e. if / then / else). It is proposed to: *...
OrderedTopicAccesses
OrderedTopicAccesses Motivation Normally topics in a wiki are accessed through links, usually starting from some "home" page. Sometimes it is however useful to (...
PackagingJQueryPlugins
PackagingJQueryPlugins Awaiting boiling down into a feature proposal (08:27:15) CDot: MichaelDaum: I was thinking; is there some way we can streamline the packagi...
PageCachingDraft
This is the draft of a topic to be included in the documentation set for Foswiki 1.1, as described in Tasks.Item8706 . It is being drafted here to involve as m...
PendingConfigureWork
PendingConfigureWork Pending work on configure _Moved from ReleasePlanDiscussion02x00 _ To understand configure requires a brief history lesson. * In the begi...
PluggableRegistration
There has been various discussions in the past about different aspects of the Foswiki registration process, and how it can be improved. This topic is an attempt t...
PostgreSQLSchemaForStore
PostgreSQLSchemaForStore Summary Foswiki is great, but it would be nice if data could be stored in an SQL database. I have heard of other people trying to do thi...
ProblemsWithCompletePageHandlerAPI
ProblemsWithCompletePageHandlerAPI While working on FoswikiCache I came a cross a problem with a relatively new plugin handler, completePageHandler(text, hdr). T...
ProblemsWithHereDocuments
ProblemsWithHereDocuments This topic shows problems that only appear on trunk, and will not render correctly on 1.0.x Where Here documents do not work Main.Mi...
PureDateHandlingRequirements
PureDateHandlingRequirements I have done my best to write up requirements for how Foswiki can be improved to better handle 'pure dates'. See ConvertDatesToISO, Cr...
QueryAddressParts
Feature Proposal: Query parts of topic addresses stored in meta values Motivation Tasks.Item10874 caused the form.name value to contain a fully qualified web...
QueryUniqueValues
QueryUniqueValues Query for unique values It'd be brilliant to query for unique values. The new stores DBIStoreContrib (SQL DISTINCT clause) and MongoDBPlugin ...
QuoVadisPsgiFoswiki
code { background color: #EEE; } Quo vadis or Why Foswiki (maybe) do not want PSGI. Don't panic The above title is could be an surprise. (even more from me, w...
RandomTopicPlugin
this still needs a script or rest handler (or whatever the mechanism is) to be able to provide a link to jump to a random topic. this would be especially importa...
RedesigningConfigure
RedesigningConfigure Let's redesign configure. Status Quo This is how configure looks like at the moment. Before improving the situation here's a documentation o...
RegisterSectionTagHandler
RegisterSectionTagHandler Allow macros to automatically be passed text between %MACRO% and %/MACRO% tags I'm new to the dev community, so this thinking may viola...
RegistrationTopicHandler
Adding a Registration Plugin Handler Just wondering if there would be any objections to adding a registration handler for plugins. I notice there is one already,...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140602
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140602 Details * Date: 02 June 2014 1300Z * Location: #foswiki release channel on IRC * Log: See the end of this topic. * Parti...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140616
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140616 Details * Date: 16 June 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: * Participants (Add/Delete) * AndreLich...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140707
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140707 Details * Date: 7 July 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: * Participants (Add/Delete) * AndreLicht...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140721
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140721 Details * Date: 21 July 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participa...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140804
Release Meeting: 4 Aug 2014 Details * Date: 4 August 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participa...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140901
Release Meeting: 1 Sep 2014 Details * Date: 1 September 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Partic...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140915
Release Meeting: 15 Sep 2014 Details * Date: 15 September 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Part...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20140929
Release Meeting: 29 Sep 2014 Details * Date: 29 September 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Part...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20141013
Release Meeting: 13 Oct 2014 Details * Date: 13 Oct 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20141117
Release Meeting: 17 Nov 2014 Details * Date: 17 Nov 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20141201
Release Meeting: 01 Dec 2014 Details * Date: 01 Dec 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20141215
Release Meeting: 15 Dec 2014 Details * Date: 01 Dec 2014 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150112
Release Meeting: 12 Jan 2015 Details * Date: 12 Jan 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150126
Release Meeting: 26 Jan 2015 Details * Date: 26 Jan 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150209
Release Meeting: 9 Feb 2015 Details * Date: 09 Feb 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participant...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150223
Release Meeting: 23 Feb 2015 Details * Date: 23 Feb 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150309
Release Meeting: 09 March 2015 Details * Date: 09 March 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Partic...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150420
Release Meeting: 20 April 2015 Details * Date: 20 April 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Partic...
ReleaseMeeting01x02_20150504
Release Meeting: 4 May 2015 Details * Date: 4 May 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants...
ReleaseMeeting02X01_20151214
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160208
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160222
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160307
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160321
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160404
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160502
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160530
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160613
Release Meeting: No meeting 6/13 due to lack of attendance. Next meeting June 27th. Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (S...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160627
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160711
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160808
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02X02_20160905
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20150727
Release Meeting: 27 July 2015 Details * Date: 27 July 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Particip...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20150810
Release Meeting: 10 Aug 2015 Details * Date: 10 Aug 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20150824
Release Meeting: 10 Aug 2015 Details * Date: 10 Aug 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participan...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20150907
Release Meeting: 09 Sep 2015 Details * Date: 9 September 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Parti...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20150921
Release Meeting: 21 Sep 2015 Details * Date: 21 September 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Part...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20151005
Release Meeting: 05 Oct 2015 Details * Date: 05 October 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Partic...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20151019
Release Meeting: 19 Oct 2015 Details * Date: 19 October 2015 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Partic...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20151102
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) ...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20151116
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) ...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20151130
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x01_20160111
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170109
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170123
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170206
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170220
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170320
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170403
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170501
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170515
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170529
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170626
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeeting02x02_20170710
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleaseMeetingTemplate
Release Meeting: Details * Date: 1300Z * Location: IRC #foswiki release * Log: (See inline at end of this topic) * Participants (Add/Delete) = Att...
ReleasePlanDiscussion02x00
ReleasePlan discussions Or: how do we turn trunk into Foswiki 1.2 over the next few months without burning people out? %SEARCH{ "NOT(CurrentState='Waiting for ...
RelicenseCoreCodebase
Should we choose to release using GPL3 Please discuss on RelicenseCoreCodebaseTalk. The proposal to use GPL3 TWiki code has the following license: TWiki is ope...
RelicenseCoreCodebaseTalk
RelicenseCoreCodebaseTalk Plugins used in both Foswiki and TWiki I believe there is no barrier to a plugin being considered part of whatever program it is plugge...
ReplaceErrorDotPmTryCatch
Replace Error.pm and try/catch blocks Warning in Error.pm documentation: WARNING Using the "Error" module is no longer recommended due to the black magical natu...
ReplaceGoBoxBySearchBox
Replace the Go box by a Search box Do we need the Go box? Legacy.WikiPedia uses a combined search/go field, and uses 2 action buttons for that. This works confus...
RestPlugin
JSON REST API for Topics Webs via browser Javascript Background * RethinkingTopicInteraction work needs a solid REST API of some sort. * At work we s...
RetireTMLForScripting
RetireTMLForScripting TML scripting considered harmful My experience with Support.Question414 has been enough to face a painful truth: programming in TML is ...
RoadmapDiscussion
Roadmap Discussion Some of the content was refactored to here from the ReleasePlan topic Introduction With the recent event, it is important to have the followin...
SWOT
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats See Wikipedia:SWOT_analysis The table below is an attempt to disseminate information that can answer the questio...
SafeCommentPlugin
SafeCommentPlugin Anonymous Comments I am frequently asked for this feature on our wiki at work. It would also be a critical component in making Foswiki a viable...
SimulateLowBandwidth
SimulateLowBandwidth The need Our test environments sometimes differ from production server environments. Sometimes the network performance is radically differen...
SpreadSheetPlugin
String Functions Conspicuously absent from its list of string functions is something like substr() in Perl or PHP, or what MS Excel calls MID(): "returns a specif...
SqlGridPlugin
Uploaded to testing at Extensions/Testing.SqlGridPlugin . Main.KipLubliner 18 Jun 2012
StudentProject
There are often ideas mooted that don't really fit with the mission, or are too far out for most people. These could be student projects for a motivated MSc (or e...
SupportRelativeBracketedLinks
SupportRelativeBracketedLinks I'd like to have a way to use relative path names in bracketed links. Let's say I have a tree of webs and sub webs, eg: WebA SubWe...
SuppressNonpublishedLinks
Feature Proposal: Suppress links to topics that are not in the published scope. Motivation IMHO this change adds a lot of polish to the generated output. Descri...
SynchroEdit
SynchroEdit http://synchroedit.com/ "SynchroEdit is a browser based simultaneous multiuser editor, a form of same time, different place groupware. It allows multi...
TWikiTerminologyMap
TWikiTerminologyMap As part of our rebranding process we have to eliminate use of the T* word in topics. If we had a new name, we might be tempted to simply globa...
TaxonomyOfMacros
Taxonomy of macros shipped with core Actually we should consider non core plugins that are good examples of any type of macro that isn't represented in core and n...
TopicLinker
Topic linker I came across this message box on Quora that lets you insert links to other pages. It would be nice as addon for Wysiwyg and CommentPlugin. The displ...
TranscludeEarlier
TranscludeEarlier Transclude earlier? This is a long way from an actual feature proposal, but I thought I'd see what thoughts people might have on this topic. Cur...
TranslationProcessTalk
TranslationProcessTalk Translation process for topics For the UI translations (mostly single strings) we follow a master language approach which makes sense. Whe...
UnicodeCharactersInNonUtf8Encodings
Unicode Characters in non UTF 8 Encodings Background It has been suggested that Foswiki should use only UTF 8 for site locales (i.e. {Site}{Locale} should only b...
UnicodeProblemsAndSolutionCandidates
Problems with Unicode and Solution Candidates See UseUTF8 instead. The Task Write a Perl programm that prints to STDOUT all its command line arguments and checks...
UseOfSetInsideIncludedSections
Hypothesis This morning Sven pointed me at a technique I hadn't been aware of; viz the use of * Set to provide what appear to be local settings inside included se...
UseSpritesForDocumentGraphics
UseSpritesForDocumentGraphics Reduce page load times by combining System.DocumentGraphics into one sprite I'm not particular skilled at this but here's an exampl...
UserAuthMapping2dot0
User Authentication and Mapping 2.0 The intention of this document is to collect and analyze the requirements for a next generation User Authentication and Mappin...
UserExperienceProjectOrganizeProjectWebsiteTalk
UserExperienceProjectOrganizeProjectWebsiteTalk Home page link I removed the comment on not having a link to the home page in the main menu. Though it does not n...
UserExperienceProjectWebsiteDesign
UserExperienceProjectWebsiteDesign Goal of this Project The goal of this project is to design the user exerience for the project's website. Work of this project ...
UserExperienceProjectWireframesForNewReleaseSkinTalk
Discussion page for the UX Project: Wireframes for New Release Skin Good initiative. Defining the UX roadmap is definitely what is needed. Normally a roadmap or v...
UserExperienceTaskTeamProjects
User Experience Task Team Projects This is a collection of separate and concrete projects that are under discussion or development. See also the User Experience T...
UserInterfaceWishList
UserInterfaceWishList It's Xmas time! Write down your wishes and they might come true : ) Please group contents in areas like "edit screen", forms, installation,...
UsingBuildbotForContinuousIntegration
Using Buildbot For Continuous Integration I have been using buildbot for continuous integration for a number of projects, including my Foswiki psgi branch and it ...
UsingModEnvToSimplifyMultisite
UsingModEnvToSimplifyMultisite I've been meaning to write this down for ages, but only just got round to it. For better or for worse, here's how I handle the simp...
VersatileStoreContrib
Formally know as: VersioningDBIStore or VDBI.
VirtualHosting
VirtualHosting Summary I am considering a service of Foswiki hosting, where I will maintain a single Foswiki installation and each customer has its own set of we...
WebformValidationHook
Add core validation hook for webforms This is a brainstorming topic for a feature request because I am not sure yet how to implement this. Introduction Plugin au...
WhippingOOFoswikiIntoShape
WhippingOOFoswikiIntoShape Work needed to get Foswiki 3.0 stable This is a ToDo / Brainstorming list for the OO Foswiki Item13897 branch stable enough for to...
WorkingWithGoogleCharts
Working with Google Charts http://code.google.com/apis/chart/ Google Charts lets you create a chart by sending chart drawing parameters in a url. Example: http://...
WysiwygEditorAndMacros
Macros in the Wysiwyg editor intimidate users Create an API to make macros interactive objects in the editor Perhaps this functionality would ultimately go in Wy...
WysiwygPlugin
Table issues There are 3 issues with WYSIWYG editing of tables. html table with embedded html markup Item9259 * Starts out as: b * Trunk Firs...
Number of topics: 186

BasicForm edit

TopicClassification GatewayTopic
TopicSummary Ideas that are oozing out of someone's head, captured before they make a mess
InterestedParties
Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
Logo.pngpng Logo.png manage 3 K 07 Nov 2008 - 11:47 MichaelDaum  
Topic revision: r10 - 29 Sep 2009, ArthurClemens - This page was cached on 24 Aug 2017 - 01:21.

The copyright of the content on this website is held by the contributing authors, except where stated elsewhere. See Copyright Statement. Creative Commons License