Topic Structure For Foswiki Extensions
Please discuss on the discussion page
- Each extension has a topic with the same name as the extension in the Extensions, Support, Tasks, and Development webs on foswiki.org.
- Support.ExtensionName is a hub that points to Tasks.ExtensionName and Development.ExtensionName.
- The extension topic links to
Each extension must have the following topics on foswiki.org:
Remember to do these steps for new/ported/updated extensions
- Create topics in Tasks (normally already created), Support, and Development webs.
- Replace content of any existing xxxDev topic in Extensions web by a link to the Support web Extension topic
- Replace the link in the extension topic on SVN. It is OK to keep the version number if this is the only change you do.
- Either manully edit the Extension topic or re-upload the extension using BuildContrib
- If you port a plugin from TWiki, consider copying important notes from the old Dev topic to the extension topic in the Development web. If you never created a Dev page do not create one. Eventually the Dev topics will be deleted.
This should make the support experience better, and always using the Extension name as the topic name in all four webs makes it easy to remember for community members.