Foswiki Association Board Meeting Minutes 2010-03-02

Agenda

  1. Accept minutes of previous meeting
  2. Review incomplete actions
    • ACTION: Michael will contact Carlo + Arthur about the homepage redesign task
    • ACTION: for all board members: push task teams you are part of
  3. Status of banking and legals (Oliver)
  4. Set a Target date for the next release
    • Sven is thinking that June 2010 is realistic, giving us til the end of March to be 'feature complete', then the end of April to be tests&code&docco complete (at which point we branch away from trunk), and then May can be spent testing and fixing bugs.
    • we probably should have drawn a line in the sand a while ago rejecting any new features and unimplemented features from the trunk, but as we didn't, we need to set that bar too.
    • imo (Sven) Given the changes that will be in, it may as well be called 2.0.
    • Suggested rule for selection for the next release - is it sufficiently testable between now and june, given the amount of changes in trunk already needing testing
  5. Feature Proposal Process
    • Our process generally works but things like release meetings are not used anymore. When you have inaccuracies then people get confused what works and what does not work. Kenneth suggests that
      • Kenneth updates the release process to reflect how things have worked until now.
      • Kenneth simplifies the process where applicable. The key words are: clarify decision process, define a clear and simple community vote process that replaces the release meetings.
      • Kenneth issues a public notification on mailing list to clarify the process
    • Customer advocates. Do we need them? Kenneth has tried to take the role but it would be good to be more than one to share the load and avoid one person having too much influence. Kenneth suggests a Customer Advocate task team headed by Kenneth and with participants that are not in the top 5 of developers.
      • Oliver thinks, that it would be good to have different point of views in that group: one corporate view, one personal view, etc.

Minutes

  • Task teams that get the work done are no concern. We will focus on the teams that do not get anything done
    • Concern raised about the foswiki.org home page. Main concern is that we do not present our features
  • Bank and legal
    • Waiting for the acceptance of the new registration from the court and the none-profit status
    • This gates creating a bank account
    • This gates getting the non-profit conditions for the Paypal account.
    • Concern with if Paypal account is in place so people can pay membership fee before end of April deadline
    • ACTION: Oliver will send message about payment of fee end of week. DONE
  • Release: We decided to go along with Sven's plan.
    • ACTION: Kenneth to communicate the release plan DONE
  • Feature proposal.
    • ACTION: Kenneth to update the feature proposal process to how it actually works today DONE
    • ACTION: All, quick review of uncommitted proposals DONE
    • ACTION: Community vote (instead of release meetings) documented DONE

  • Next meeting: tentative, middle of April.

-- Minutes taken by KennethLavrsen - 02 Mar 2010

BasicForm edit

TopicClassification MeetingMinutes
Topic Summary
Interested Parties
Related Topics
Topic revision: r7 - 16 Aug 2018, MichaelDaum - This page was cached on 26 Apr 2019 - 16:27.

The copyright of the content on this website is held by the contributing authors, except where stated elsewhere. See Copyright Statement. Creative Commons License    Legal Imprint    Privacy Policy