Local customisations of site-wide preferences
Site-level preferences are located in System.DefaultPreferences
, however this Main.SitePreferences
prefs topic has override priority and should be used for local customisations. This allows for easier upgrades as you don't need to worry about the shipped preferences clobbering yours. It's easier to keep a handle on if you only copy over the settings you actually change.
Site name & Logo
Variables & Helpers
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = The server is currently under maintenance. An update is currently being installed. Temporary malfunctions may occur.
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = Mark your calendars now for next year's Foswiki General Assembly: 8th April 2017, 11:00 UTC
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = Foswiki.org is now running Foswiki 2.1.3 RC1 Please open a task for any issues.
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = If you cannot get logged in, clear your cookies for foswiki.org and retry. The Foswiki Cookie Domain has been changed.
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = Foswiki General Assembly will be held on 12th December 2019, 1200 UTC on the IRC channel #foswiki-association. See AgendaTenthGeneralAssembly
- #Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = New Foswiki release 2.1.7 is available with important security fixes.
- Set BROADCASTID = BC17
- #Set NEWTOPICLINKSYMBOL = ?
- #Set NEWLINKFORMAT = $text?
- Set SHARETHIS =
- # DISABLED:
- Set MARKEDFORDELETION =
This page is marked for deletion. Possible reason: this page does not contribute to the development of Foswiki software. Please note that this site is not an open collaboration platform to work on other projects - use a public wiki instead or download Foswiki
for private use. If you just want to test Foswiki, visit the Sandbox
- Set UXMASCOT =
- Set SLACKIN_URL = https://join.slack.com/t/foswiki/shared_invite/zt-1h87u6nht-GSGnbLqhfGt3ZKR9TarG8g
This is disabled globally and only enabled on a per topic decision.
Foswiki 2.0 Skin Settings
"fo" skin overlay adds a closable broadcast message.
- Set SKIN = cookieconsent,sidetoggle,fo,natedit,pattern
- Global skin styles. To change the look of the site, point these variables to custom CSS attachments.
- Set FOSWIKI_LAYOUT_URL = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/layout.css
- Set FOSWIKI_STYLE_URL = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/style.css
- Set FOSWIKI_COLORS_URL = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/colors.css
- Themes that add upon the global skin styles. See the Theme Browser in PatternSkin.
- Set PATTERNSKIN_JQUERY_THEME = PatternSkinTheme
- Set PATTERNSKIN_THEME_VARIANT = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/variant_foswiki_noframe.css
- Set PATTERNSKIN_COLUMNS = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/column_left.css
- Deprecated (use
- Set PATTERNSKIN_THEME = /pub/System/PatternSkinTheme/variant_foswiki_noframe.css
- Enable sidebar toggle
- Set USERSTYLEURL = /pub/System/PatternSkinCssCookbookSidebarToggle/SidebarToggle.css
Other plugin settings
- Set DISABLEDPLUGINS = EditTablePlugin
- Set TABLEPLUGIN_TABLEATTRIBUTES = tableborder="1" valign="top" headercolor="#444444" headerbg="#e0e0e4" headerbgsorted="#c5c5cc" databg="#ffffff,#edf4f9" databgsorted="#f1f7fc,#ddebf6" tablerules="rows"
- Set PERSONALINFOADDON_FILECACHE = 0
- Set INTERWIKIPLUGIN_RULESTOPIC = InterWikis
- Set VOTEPLUGIN_RESETTERS = AdminGroup
- Set LOOKELSEWHEREWEBS = Main
- Set ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT = 100000
- #Set REGISTRATIONGROUPTYPE = automatic
- #Set REGISTRATIONGROUPS = NewUserGroup
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, PREVIEWBGIMAGE, WIKITOOLNAME, WIKIHOMEURL, ALLOWROOTCHANGE, DENYROOTCHANGE, USERSWEB, SYSTEMWEB, DOCWEB, VOTEPLUGIN_RESETTERS