CDN and loadbalancing Wiki support
This plugin adds
- CDN support for selected attachments (on a per web basis)
- Browser accelleration, by distributing requests over multiple servers
- (future) geo-DNS based CDN
- (future) distributed Topic rendering
, it delegates all TWiki web pub requests to http://starfish.nextwiki.org/nextwiki.org/pub/TWiki/
To help make NextWiki
.org as fast as possible, consider mirroring the files from there and emailing the http://twikifork.org/Community/InfrastructureTaskTeam
to get your server added to our Content distribution network.
you will need to sync the attachments in the webs that you are CDN'ing - one way is to use rsync and crontab:
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync -ravl /home/twikifork.org/pub/TWiki -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/starfish.dsa" firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/nextwiki/starfish.nextwiki.org/nextwiki.org/pub/ > /root/starfish.log
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server.
Like many other extensions, this module is shipped with a fully
automatic installer script written using the BuildContrib.
- If you have TWiki 4.2 or later, you can install from the
configure interface (Go to Plugins->Find More Extensions)
- If you have any problems, then you can still install manually from the command-line:
- Download one of the
- Unpack the archive in the root directory of your installation.
- Run the installer script (
perl <module>_installer )
configure and enable the module, if it is a plugin.
- Repeat for any missing dependencies.
- If you are still having problems, then instead of running the installer script:
- Make sure that the file permissions allow the webserver user to access all files.
- Check in any installed files that have existing
,v files in your existing install (take care not to lock the files when you check in)
- Manually edit LocalSite.cfg to set any configuration variables.
Related Topics: TWikiPlugins