This question about Using an extension: Answered
Imported huge webs and get Internal Server Errors
- You are using fcgi and dbcachecontrib
- You just imported a (few) huge web(s)
- You try to view a simple topic and fail with an Internal Server Error
- You apache error log shows
[Fri May 06 01:03:48 2011] [warn] [client 188.8.131.52] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 40 seconds, referer: https://my.box/Hugeweb/WebHome
[Fri May 06 01:03:48 2011] [error] [client 184.108.40.206] Premature end of script headers: foswiki.fcgi, referer: https://my.box/Hugeweb/WebHome
When you touch/view a topic from an freshly imported web for the first time, DBCacheContrib
(re)builds its caches in
. This takes some time. More than fcgi usually has.
Do the following according to the Installation Instructions
- Before installing DBCachePlugin, disable your web server.
- Install the plugin.
- Go to
foswiki-dir/bin and call
./rest /DBCachePlugin/updateCache to index all webs for the first time.
- Enable the web server again.
Disabling the web server is a good practice as otherwise a bunch of concurrent requests all trigger an index rebuild each. Once the index has been build for the first time it will be updated automatically during a normal