Item8578: name ~ 'Web*' query is pointlessly inefficient
It fails to HoistRE
this makes me think that there are rather allot of optimizations that should be looked into.
Additionally, its now obvious to me that topicinclude and topicexclude need to be delegated to the Algo's - they should be converted (aka a shortcut) to the relevant query based syntax's - ie,
name ~ 'Web*'
and its like.
- the hoist I'll look at and apply to 1.0.10 if i can, the other is a trunk thing only.
- 20 Feb 2010
well, the change to hoistRE i've got works nicely for
name ~ 'Web*' OR name ~ 'A*' OR name = 'Banana'
- 01 Mar 2010
decided that the change I made in trunk is too big a change to backport into 1.0 :/
- 07 Mar 2010