Item5351: WebCreateNewTopic filters out international characters
Current State: Closed
Released In: 1.0.0
Target Release: patch
Applies To: Engine
WebCreateNewTopic filters out international Characters. While typing a new topic name international characters are automatically removed and the next character after the international one is capitalised. As capital letters have a special meaning in topic names this is quite confusing.
This sounds a bit like Item4419
but the solution suggested there does not solve the problem.
- 11 Feb 2008
The problem is two-fold:
webtopiccreator.js in PatternSkin uses
removePunctuation() to sanitize topic names
MIXED_ALPHANUM_CHARS, which are
- 19 Apr 2008
- 19 Apr 2008
and I can't grasp the rationale behind twikiString.js. We've got character class definitions as global vars in twiki.js and unicode_chars.js. For some reason, though, twikiString.js does not use them, but introduces a curious OO-based definitions. It looks like someone was trying to do some refactoring, but never finished it. Anyway, twikiStringUnicodeChars.js is an attempt to convert unicode_chars.js to the same OO interface, but it only contains one class (UPPER_ALPHA_CHARS), and is not included from PatternSkin
(while unicode_chars.js is).
I may be wrong, but I'd say we need to forget about the OO-thing and just run s/twiki.StringConstants.getInstance().// in twikiString.js. That way it'll use the complete definitions.
- 24 Apr 2008
This little patch fixes the problem:
- 29 Apr 2008
I applied Andrew's patch after an hour of testing
It works great. We non-English can again create I18N
topics (non UTF8)
(from Japan:) This will break
because it now won't function without
will reveal the errors in the new code.
I see I did not finish
which is the proper replacement for
(I did not include the lowercase chars).
- 26 Dec 2008