Item526: Get rid of svn keyword replacement
Current State: Confirmed
Released In: n/a
Target Release: n/a
As seen in distro:dda791a1678d
, sometimes this automagic keyword replacement misbehave.
The whole problem here is that the local files are not identical to the ones stored in the repository, and this is not good.
- git does not support keyword replacement because of this. You can of course hack something into it, but as strange as it is, even though people keep hacking things around in git, nobody took care of hacking this particular feature, which for me says a lot.
- mercurial does support keyword extension, but you shouldn't use it.
Thus the idea here would be to use some other mechanism to add these markers where we need them.
- One idea, for example, is to patch the pseudo-install.pl script to change it, if needed.
- Or simply do it in the BuildContrib, so that uploaded files have a revision number.
- And then do it also in the BuildFoswikiRelease.sh script (not sure of the name).
This is just a task so we keep that in mind and start discussing it. Target shall not be before 1.1, maybe even 1.2 or more.
- 20 Dec 2008