Next Big Thing: Register for the Foswiki Camp 2015
Annual Foswiki Association meeting: Friday 20th March 2015 at 1300Z
Item462: Improved user interface and interaction on the topic that is shown when a topic does not exist
Current State: Closed
Released In: 1.0.0
Target Release: patch
Applies To: Engine
This is the topic that is shown when a topic does not exist.
- this topic is called 'Template'
- It has screen elements that should not be visible, such a breadcrumb and Create and Attach buttons at the top, and a topic actions toolbar at the bottom
- These elements can not be removed because a skin cannot override the default implementation.
View.pm just calls
Foswiki::UI::readTemplateTopic( $session, 'WebTopicViewTemplate' )
- 14 Dec 2008
- finally removed the preposterous assumption that the topic "This topic does not exist yet" is an edit template, thereby totally misguiding users in TemplateTopics
- trashed the stupid tandem WebTopicViewTemplate and WebTopicNonWikiTemplate
- created a real view template TopicDoesNotExistViewTemplate that is actually called as a view template
- shuffled all parts on the page with shorter and logical headings
- moved the "topic moved" message to the top
- added the topic creation form in the page itself so one step less is required to create a topic
- 19 Dec 2008