This question about Topic Markup Language and applications: Task filed
WikiWord functionality changed in 1.0.8?
I've recently had Foswiki v1.0.8 installed as a knowledge base at work and have been learning how to use it. I've read the articles of CamelCase
/WikiWords and how they are used to create links. However I accidently entered a word in such a way that it shouldn't, according to the wikiword rules I've read, have created a link.
I created a page for a piece of hydraulic modelling software called HECRAS, however in order to make it a WikiWord
I initially called it HecRas
. On another page I used the proper form of HECRAS only to find it still created a link, even though (in my understanding) this is not a proper wikiword and should not have worked. But it simply linked to the HecRas
page. I also noticed there are several variations of HecRas
and HECRAS that I can enter and it still leads to the same page (and in the breadcrumbs it changes the capitalisation of the topic name to suit whatever I entered).
Has there been a change in the way wikiwords work in Foswiki? I have looked through the documentation but can find no mention of a change such as that described above.
Foswiki recognizes acronyms as WikiWords as well. This was also a feature on TWiki, and was brought forward into Foswiki. I'm not sure how far back it goes. I can see that it is not documented very well. The only hint that acronyms are matched is in the System/DefaultPreferences topic which says:
Prevent automatic linking of WikiWords and acronyms (if set to =on=); link WikiWords (if empty); can be overwritten by web preferences:
Set NOAUTOLINK =
The regex for acronyms matches words all uppercase 3 characters or longer.
- 25 Jan 2010
Created task Tasks.Item8436
to document acronym linking