Foswiki On Cygwin
Foswiki on Cygwin follows the same procedure as described on the InstallationGuide
. You can install all dependencies from the Cygwin installer, which can be found here
The major stumbling rock I found was that the Apache2 server refused to start with a "Bad System Call" message. The solution for this is:
- Make sure that cygserver is installed. If not, you can easily install it using the Cygwin installer.
- Find your Cygwin.bat file
- Edit it and add the line "set CYGWIN=server"
- Start a Cygwin shell (use the Run As Administrator option)
- Run cygserver-config and answer "yes" when it ask to install it as a service
- Start the service using "cygrunsrv -S cygserver"
- Start apache.
If this works, you can either add the cygrunsrc command to your .profile or run it manually each time you need it.
For more comprehensive instructions with images and links, check out this blog post
- 07 Nov 2013
There is a problem with cygwin 64 when sometimes the fork will fail with a message like:
child_info_fork::abort: data segment start: parent (0xC1A000) != child(0xA6A000)
If it happens, disable any antivirus. And if that does not work, run rebaseall and perlrebase
- 03 Dec 2013