a Consulting Wiki Engineer
until late 2013 - I'd been using Wiki's to raise organizations Capability Maturity since 1998, and have worked on JOSWiki and TWiki for almost as long. I am an experienced Senior Software Engineer in cross platform C++, C#, Java, and as a Wiki and Web Consultant for the last 4.
I was a Core TWiki developer since 2004, as the lead developer on the Cairo TWiki release, and then I worked with the TWiki community to build the Dakar community development processes, opening up the source base to developers outside the tiny Core team.
I offer installation assistance, customization services and training, support contracts and general help for both TWiki and Foswiki
I am a WikiRing
.com founding partner - building uwiki - foswiki cloud
Since being locked out of the TWiki project, we're all working hard to realize the ideas we've had.
(no dates yet, have to go research them :/
- start with Ward's wiki as my C++ career develops
- realize that we need to re-write JOSWiki to use dynamic rendering to support enterprise workflows - get buy in, write a few exploratory specs and get permission to work on it from Boss..
- find TWiki already released as GPL, so switch to that (the other porject would have been internal use only, so yay )
- implement a Visual Sourcesafe based TWiki store
- integrate the internal task tracking system into TWiki, and similarly other cross organisational systems, creating a mashup that adds value to the org
- change companies, bring TWiki with me, this time to build a shared workflow and tracking system - where previously paper was used.
- join the TWiki Core team, do most of the software development and integration work for the TWiki Cairo release.
- begin the transformation of the TWiki project from a tiny core of developers into the Subversion based community driven project, making it possible for Crawford to drive the 4.0 release
- this builds into the companies entire ISO system before i leave
- inline edit, component edit, proper rest implementations test systems, the knowledge from which are driving Nextwiki's future.
- develop and maintain installer building system for RPM, deb, OSX and Windows - 6-9MMonth work, with more going on all the time.
- debian builder includes plugins and dependencies
- wrote and run nightly build and smoke test system for TWiki and Foswiki
- infrastructure manager and implementor for TWiki project until the fork, and now part of that team for Foswiki - with alot more collaboration now
- Major contributor to foswiki - in 2010-> refactoring the Search system, 2011-> re-architecting the Store, building MongoDB and SQL based backend implementations for super large scale foswiki's
- Started work on uwiki foswiki hosting in html5, and hopefully foswiki 2.0