Task Team for the Association Articles (and Bylaws)
Target completion date: 2008-11-30
If you want to participate in this project, add your name to the "Participants" field in the form.
To define a set of bylaws or regulations for the Association.
The proposal may at the end consists of multiple versions of the same article for decision by vote at the first founding general assembly meeting. It is however the goal to have open debates so we end up with a well addressed and discussed set of bylaws or regulations that can be accepted at the founding meeting.
The articles must at least contain these definitions
- The name of the Association
- The home of the Association (the legal home)
- The purpose of the Association
- Membership (how to become)
- Expulsion of members
- Annual General Meeting
- The scope of the Annual General Meeting
- Calling the meeting - how and when
- Extraordinary General Meeting
- Decisions by the Board
- Finances and responsibility
- Financial year and accounting
- Changes to the regulations of the association
- Sub-goal: Define a common terminology. English is not just English. Same thing is called different things in different variations of English. We will use the words that makes the rules most easy to read for non-english speaking.
- Arranged the debate topics and put then on the agenda of community release meetings
Suggested Plan for the task team
- Define a complete set of basic articles for the Association We are 99% done. Only outstanding topic of discussion is which non profit charity should receive funds in case we dissolve. Not a showstopper. Can be decided at founding general assembly.
- When agreed pass it to community for review
- When articles are reviewed invite all members of the community to participate in the founding General Assembly meeting. Invitation includes the Articles of the Association proposed.
- Founding General Assembly meeting to be held 4 weeks after the invitation is sent out - or less?
- Participants can propose changes and amendments to the articles until two weeks before the founding General Assembly.
- The founding General Assembly will be held in Germany and in virtual space. The participants will be the initial members. New members will need to join by the agreed articles of the Association.
There are no special powers associated with this task. It will at the end be the founding general assembly that passes the entire rule set article by article.
- Common-sense review by anyone with legal training/experience
Question from the administrative board
- is the work of this task team now complete? I Don't recall the point in red above being discussed at the founding assembly. If not, can we have a status update please?
- 09 Dec 2009
The question in red is implicitly answered by our articles: In case of an dissolution our funds go to the Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.
I close this task team now and thank all participants for their hard work.
- 12 Mar 2010
| Summary || Team that defines proposal for the initial bylaws for the Project Association |
| Team lead || |
| Participants || |
| Charter Date || 02 Nov 2008 |
| Next Review Due || 30 Nov 2008 |
| Status || Complete |
| RelatedTopics || AssociationArticles |