Item8476: Upgrade TinyMCE to 3.3
Current State: Closed
Released In: 1.1.0
Target Release: minor
If moxiecode makes a stable (non-beta) release in time for 1.1, we should do what we can to include it.
If TinyMCE is still beta, we can ship with TinyMCE 3.2.7 in Release01x00 branch.
- Support for u, strike, s and font tags are deprecated
- Enabled new legacyoutput plugin by default, which hopefully allows us to keep using these tags until we work around it.
- safari plugin is no longer necessary. They re-factored the formatting engine and this is no longer required.
- You can now select cells much like you can in a spreadsheet now: select columns, or squares.
- Some annoying IE bugs squashed
- Lots of jQuery support added, but we're not using that (yet).
- We still have some strange text/cursor selection issues until we can remove
forced_root_block: false from our init settings. Being worked on.
- Apparently the new version of the autosave plugin uses local browser storage to help recover failed saves?
- 07 Feb 2010
Reverted for now. Something simple went wrong, lack time to debug. The scratch branch version works, although it's set up with the jquery version of TMCE.
- 07 Feb 2010
Seems to be working okay; some things (especially tables) seem to be better.
Some things (applying formats, styles) needs work.
- 14 Apr 2010
A new Moxiecode release already: upgraded us to 3.3.3, from 3.3.2. Created some docs on how to keep TinyMCEPlugin
up-to-date for others at TinyMCEPlugin
- 20 Apr 2010
Did 3.3.4, hoping to see improved bullets behaviour in FF. Alas no; as always, we need to eliminate the
- 05 May 2010
- 14 May 2010
Did 3.3.6 - IE and webkit fixes
- 21 May 2010
Did 3.3.7 - IE and toolbar button state fixes.
Fixing toolbar/format issues at Item9155
- 12 Jun 2010
Let's call this closed, 3.3 seems reasonably stable at the moment. Open a new task for the next TinyMCE
- 25 Jun 2010