forced_root_block: false(see Item2254).
forced_root_block: falseand our customisation of the formats list.
Just select "paragraph" in the format drop down. I guess it could be called "normal" as well for more novice users. Everything should always be in paragraphs just like Word or office does it read the FAQ item regarding this.later (a forum admin):
Why can't you guys do a server-side conversion if you don't wantOne of the other posters dealing with this problem posts this solution:
elements in your code? TinyMCE tries to create senseful (AKA semantic) and valid XHTML code. If your application doesn't want that then convert the output of the editor - server-side!
falsefor each of the heading types (and now the "normal" div type). I'm not sure that this is correct, because TMCE is converting this into an
class="false"attribute. Do we use
class="false"attribute anywhere in WysiwygPlugin? Also, I am suspicious of WysiwygPlugin serving <div class="WYSIWYG_LITERAL"> to TMCE; shouldn't it be a span? Our other formatting types are inline elements... If literal formatting were a span, we could use a span instead of a div in our application of "normal" formatting, avoiding some corner cases where TMCE can't replace the container inline element with a div (as it's a block). Or at least, that's my hypothesis I have come up with so far. -- PaulHarvey - 03 Dec 2009 Kenneth, Michael: I have checked a fix into trunk. ATM our WysiwygPlugin strips <div>foo</div> tags just fine, so we could use the suggestion above. I would like one week to test and develop this solution further. I am testing it on our production site. If we need to release 1.0.9 sooner than that, I am happy to downgrade this to normal. -- PaulHarvey - 03 Dec 2009 I think it is pretty important to get into a 1.0.9 We can live with the post install fix in 1.0.8 for a few days more. This is an important bug. -- KennethLavrsen - 04 Dec 2009 Outstanding issues:
I'm quite sure these things were happening in the 1.0.7 version of TMCEPlugin. It's http://trac.foswiki.org/changeset/5347 where we had a hack to sort-of-fix Item2254, which might alleviate some problems until we fix it properly? -- PaulHarvey - 05 Dec 2009 Item2254 now has a better proof of concept patch attached to it to run without
- Formats aren't applying at all on IE6 (works in 7 & 8), even though it works in a vanilla TMCE. Need to check usage of
- Formats aren't applying on Google Chrome unless you triple-click the line you want formatted, something to do with our customisation because the vanilla config doesn't have this problem.
forced_root_block:falsebut it does not fix the IE6 or google chrome problem. Those browsers must be affected by our usage of execCommand('FormatBlock', ...), need to compare with the way moxiecode is doing it in their default
advanced_themeUpdated problem description at top of task. -- PaulHarvey - 06 Dec 2009 Merged work in trunk to release branch. TODO:
-- PaulHarvey - 07 Dec 2009 I think I'm done. Have tested Opera 10.10, Safari 4, IE6/7/8, FF3.0+3.5, Chrome 3. Leaving this open for now in case I get some time this week to improve Safari/Chrome/IE6 situation. -- PaulHarvey - 07 Dec 2009 I am not sure I fully understand the IE6 situation. Is this a new problem that we did not have in 1.0.7? -- KennethLavrsen - 09 Dec 2009 This problem existed in 1.0.7. I just downgraded and confirmed the bug in IE6 to the TinyMCE 3.2.2 that was released with 1.0.7, rev 23 of the attachment on the extensions web. Also confirmed that this 3.2.2 version is even worse than the 3.2.7 situation for Google Chrome: even triple-clicking before choosing a format is ineffective.
- Update WysiwygPlugin to document TMCE's dependency on flatting divs
- Make a special note in system topic that Safari and Google Chrome need to triple-click a line before heading/normal formats will be applied, and that IE6 application of formats is broken.
I'm hopeful the fix will just be a matter of updating our formats customisation to closer match the code that's shipped in the current TinyMCE advanced_theme. -- PaulHarvey - 10 Dec 2009 Chrome and Safari didn't like being given
<h1>as a paramter to the
'FormatBlock'command, apparently they prefer
h1instead. And actually that seems to be the spec for gecko and MS IE browsers. So anyway:
This bug has (probably) gone as far as it can without fixing Item2254. Needs more testing though. Confirm IE6 fault on moxiecode production demo and file bug upstream. -- PaulHarvey - 28 Dec 2009 Browsers tested
- Still have cursor/node selection bug resulting in Chrome and Safari not being able to apply subsequent format changes until the cursor has been positioned elsewhere and back again. But only when we run with
forced_root_block: false, so really need to fix Item2254.
- IE6 still broken, but checking again at moxiecode's live demo, problem exists there too. Please confirm for me, we need to make an urgent bug report to moxiecode. Interestingly, IE6 will happily apply formats to text that is contained within in a block element (Eg. div, p)
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Firefox 3.5.6
- Opera 10.10
- Safari 4.0.4 Ok (notes under "Known Issues" in system topic)
- Google Chrome 18.104.22.168 Ok (notes under "Known Issues" in system topic)
- Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 Fail (notes under "Known Issues" in system topic)
- Internet Explorer 7.00.5730.13
- Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
- Debian squeeze i686
- Iceweasel 3.0.12
Merged to trunk. Created Item2536 to report the IE6 problem to moxiecode. Updated "Known Issues" to specify versions of IE6 that do and don't work. -- PaulHarvey - 29 Dec 2009
- Create topic with mixed headings and paras.
- Change first heading to normal
- Switch to raw and back again
- Change first heading back to H2
- Change first heading to H4
Summary Unable to apply "normal" format in wysiwyg editor ReportedBy PaulHarvey Codebase 1.0.8 SVN Range AppliesTo Extension Component TinyMCEPlugin Priority Urgent CurrentState Closed WaitingFor PaulHarvey, MichaelTempest Checkins distro:dfa8faf8d576 distro:2e3cf053758e distro:f24dcb515646 distro:b369d76fb83b distro:7759f844d174 distro:a52ff8b95a51 distro:dfbd9e5adc95 distro:96b0335719cf Rev 5871 not found distro:ff9f35c85c3a distro:e2fa0febb591 distro:420ae0046c57 TargetRelease patch ReleasedIn 1.0.9