Item11758: EditChapterPlugin issues on 1.1.5
Not sure if this is a general issue with the EditChapterPlugin
, or specific to 1.1.5, but it's completely non-functional on my test 1.1.5 system. (Clean install, only used to verify that the 1.1.5 code built correctly).
First issue, Item11757
script to fail. After fixing that, I was getting the following message in my Apache log:
[Sun Apr 15 15:14:10 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/data/Foswiki-1.1.5/pub/System/NatEditPlugin, referer: http://f115.xxxxxxxx.com/bin/rest/RenderPlugin/template?topic=Sandbox.TestTopic0;redirectto=http://f115.xxxxxxxx.com/Sandbox/TestTopic0%23chapter_sandbox_testtopic0_3;name=edit.chapter;to=3;from=3;expand=dialog;id=chapter_sandbox_testtopic0_3;title=Another%20heading%202;t=1334517207
That was fixed by installing NatEditContrib
- which appears to be a missing dependency. However the edit chapter is still non-functional.
- POST EditChapterPlugin 200 OK
- GET bin/rest/RenderPlugin/template?topic=...
- viewing the rendered HTML from the firebug trace shows an Edit window with OK, Cancel as plain-text, not buttons, plus an Edit all link.
- GET pub/System/NatEditPlugin/Styles.css
- GET pub/System/NatEditPlugin/default/Styles.css
- GET pub/System/NatEditPlugin/jquery.natedit.js
At that point it just stops - no further activity and no indication in the browser.
- 15 Apr 2012
Fix released in
Note, there is a somewhat related core bug - Item11760
- that results in
being loaded twice
in some cases.
- 16 Apr 2012