Item10203: Add inline form validation to registration form.
Current State: Closed
Released In: 2.0.0
Target Release: major
Give feedback while staying on the page. Check for uniqueness of wiki name and login name.
- 28 Dec 2010
Set to urgent to solve:
- check wikiword with
- check login name with
- possibly take care of international characters
- 31 Dec 2010
Sorry, I thought this was closed. I've closed Item10250
- basically, I can't make this fancy new form actually submit so I can register a new user
- Firefox 3.6.13
- Clean checkout, freshly configured
- tried apachelogin and templatelogin
- tried jquery-1.4.3 and 1.4.4
- 12 Jan 2011
I don't know if this is related, but I always get a "confirm" dialog now (which is wrong). Then clicking on Confirm redirects the page to Main.DefaultUserRegistration, which does not exist. This might be an different bug.
- 12 Jan 2011
I've dropped this back to 'Enhancement', the urgent bug can be fixed in Item10817
I think this feature is almost finished; we just need clearer feedback when the AJAX isn't working (currently as Item10817
highlights, there's no feedback at all, if the AJAX requests aren't working - user just sees a greyed-out submit button).
- 18 Jun 2011
Any chance we can get this finished off for 1.2?
- 02 Jun 2014
Assigned myself. I think that registration is working okay, but I'll take the action to verify this one. Chromium and Firefox.
- 07 Jul 2014
This seems to be a bit incomplete:
- The Login name is not validated with
- The confirm password is checked, but there is no message "Please confiirm your password" if the field is left blank. (Actually it appears to be inconsistent behaviour. Once I got an error "Please confirm" after highlighting some text outside of the form. But I've not been able to repeat that. Just tabbing away from the empty field doesn't trigger any message. Entering into the field, and then deleting the contents however does create the error.)
Other than these, it appears to be working fine. So we could release as is if we need to. It would be better to complete it though.
- 26 Jul 2014
Setting to Waiting for Release. We can reopen during beta if it's not sufficient.
- 01 Jan 2015