This question about Issue in browser: Asked
Internet explorer gives out of memory error on loading every page
We have implemented Foswiki latest version in out company. I am facing a peculiar problem in IE . IE gives following message before loading any page of FOS wiki "Out of memory Line12". once I click ok page loads correctly . No such problem happens in chrome
If i look at line 12 source
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed" href="/foswiki/bin/view/Forum/WebRss" />
<base href="http://172.18.26.33/foswiki/bin/view/Forum/DiscussionForum" /><!--[if IE]></base><![endif]-->
<style type="text/css" media="all">
The blank line between base and Style tags is line 12.
This problem was not happening earlier. I started happening after I updated a few plugins yesterday. I updated Jquery plugin, google analytics and TOCPlugin yesterday
Though it does not stop any work. It is a major irritant . Pleas suggest a solution
It is hard to tell what is causing this. A couple of suggestions to try to nail this down:
- Disable your recent plugins one by one, and after each disable, see if the behaviour improves
- Look in file
foswiki.tmpl and change line 11: remove the conditional so that the base tag becomes
<base href="..." /> or alternatively
- 18 Feb 2011
that you switch the jquery version from 1.3.2 to 1.4.3. Most probably you are running in an infinite recursion triggered by jquery-ui running together with an old jquery library still installed on your system after the update.
- 20 Feb 2011
Thanks for the response, was out of town for few days hence could not check. Tried what you suggested and here are the results
1. Turned off Hijax Plugin which I had upgraded recently. (error dissappeared). Videos using %Media Plugin Stopped functioning in Chrome
2. Looked at setting of JQuery plugin. Jquery version was set to 1.3.2 even though i had installed 1.4.4 using the configure interface. Changed the version to 1.4.3 which was the highest available in the combo.
3. Videos started working in Firefox and IE but not in chrome
4. Turned on the hijax plugin. No problems
5. Again looked at the Jquery version combo in configure settings, now only 2 options were available 1.4.3 & 1.4.4 Selected 1.4.4. Selected 1.4.4 and saved.
Presently the problem looks solved.
1. Page load speed increased visibly on turning off Hijax plugin
2. Other problem of Personal info addon not functioning properly also got solved
Is there a performance deterioration when Hijax is turned on ?
I suggest a note be added to installation instructions of Jquery to change the version number in settings field after every upgrade.
Thanks for the help Arthur & micheal.
- 22 Feb 2011