This question about Upgrading from TWiki to Foswiki: Answered
TCAO after upgrade from TWiki to Foswiki
I am trying to migrate a wiki from TWiki for Foswiki on a new server, the upgrade itself is fine but there are some significant changes in TopicClassificationAddOn
, including changes in the name of the form that is used to store data. Is there any easy way to convert the old TCAO configurations, topics and data to the new version of TCAO ?
If you are using Version 2 or later of the TWiki version of TCAO, no changes to your web are needed. However, if you are upgrading from an early version of TCAO (e.g. version 1), then you can use the following steps to upgrade your webs:
-- LynnwoodBrown - 20 Apr 2010
- BACKUP THE WEB!
- In WebPreferences reassign TCAOWEB to the newest version. Or Replace the older TCAO web with new one.
- Rename TopicHeadline topic to Summary. This will change that field name in all topics.
- Update forms:
- Rename WebForm to TopicForm. (This will update any topics using this form.)
- Rename TopicTypeForm form to TopicClassForm. (This will update any topics using this form.)
- Replace TopicForm and TopicClassForm with new versions.
- Copy over from TCAO web the following files, replacing the older version of topics by the same name: TopicType, SubjectArea, TopicClassForm, TopicClassification, CreateNewTopic.
- For Classification Topics (including the
- Add WebClassForm
- Set Classification to Classification
- Replace content with
- Update SubjectArea and TopicType topics:
- For any pre-defined TopicTypes or SubjectAreas in your web (i.e. those included with the plugin), the easiest thing to do is just replace these topics with the newer versions from the TCAO/Install web. Also replace associated template topics. You may need to edit the TopicTypes and remove the CREATETOPIC tag in the 1st line.
- For Custom TopicTypes & SubjectAreas:
- Copy the content of a TopicType (or SubjectArea) topic in TCAO web.
- Edit your custom TopicType or SubjectArea topics. Replace most of the content with the content copied from the TCAO web. In TopicType topics, look at the section for creating new topics and copy over key pieces. Add any special form elements for creating new topics of this type to the EXTRA section. You won't have to escape double-quotes if you bracket the EXTRA definition with single quotes. Remember that many form elements can be replaced by a FACET reference.
- Replace the TopicTypeForm with TopicClassForm.
- Set the value for the
Classification field to the type of topic it is. You can do this my editing the url of the topic and replace "view" with "save" and adding this url parameter:
?Classification=TopicType (or SubjectArea), and then hit
- For Custom Forms, insert a DBQUERY to find SubjectAreas (or other classes).