Manually Installing Extensions
Sometimes you need to be able to install extensions manually, from the command-line. This might be because the extensions hasn't been packaged using BuildContrib
, or because you are having problems installing from
(this can sometimes happen on hosted sites, or because the server configuration is unusual).
For Foswiki 1.1+
For Foswiki 1.0.x
So install an extension manually:
- Download one of the
- Unpack the archive in the root directory of your installation.
- Run the installer script
- If the installer script fails, keep going anyway. Some extensions don't need the installer script to run to completion to be correctly installed
- Enable the module if it is a plugin.
- Set up any configuration options required for the extension
- Save the configuration
- Repeat for any missing dependencies.
If you are still
having problems, then:
- Make sure that the file permissions allow the webserver user to access all files.
- Check in any installed files that have existing
,v files in your existing install (take care not to lock the files when you check in)
- Manually edit LocalSite.cfg to set any configuration variables.