I am just getting to grips with foswiki and the other one as a means of moving the company I work for from a spreadsheet/eMail culture into something more collaborative. I plan to post some snippets and material around making the transition from Excel to wiki as I find out. Also to highlight the ideas and principles which I spent a long time trying to get to grips with so others might get to the Promised Land quicker! You can read more Here
This provides an extremely interesting challenge at work to change the culture from one where other people have to correct web pages to one where the people are empowered to change the data themselves. Suffice to say, often asked questions are:
- How do I stop someone changing my data?
- If someone changes my data, how do I change it back?
- If they spot something wrong, they should come through me.
- How do I delete data/topics?
Suffice to say, there are some serious conceptual hurdles to overcome!!
My Personal Data
Note: if personal data is being stored using a secret database, then it is only visible to the user and to administrators.
My Personal Preferences
Uncomment preference settings
to activate them (remove the #-sign). Help and details on preference settings are available in DefaultPreferences
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord links, on or off:
- #Set LINKTOOLTIPINFO = off
Demo for Jack
- New Topic!!