What is a web?
Foswiki can be subdivided into so called webs
. Think of them as sub-wikis or web-space
. Webs are a collection of topics
holding the wiki content of a page. Each webs can have subwebs
. All webs form a folder-like hierarchy.
Besides those pages that are created by users, each web has got a set of a dedicated page:
- WebHome: the start page of a web used to describe what this web is about, often used as a kind of dashboard to help users find their way digging into the available content
- WebChanges: recent changes
- WebSearch: a search page to query content in that web
- WebNotify: a page that lets you subscribe to get mail notifications when content in the web changes
- WebRss and WebAtom: a syndication/news feed listing web changes
- WebTopicList: the list of all topics part of the web
What are webs used for?
Webs can be used to organize content into isolated chunks. Webs can have access rights that are enforced on all of the topics in it. Webs are often used to provide team rooms or hold a specifc kind of application or content available at that location.
Read on at TopicsAndWebs
for further introduction to webs and topics.
Which webs are there on foswiki.org?