This Contrib enables you to replace the Foswiki User and Groups system with a
read only access to the User and Groups in a Unix Database. Registration of
new users and their association with Groups is then only
handled by Unix,
but still is possible to create groups in Foswiki normaly.
is based on Foswiki:Extensions.JoomlaUsersContrib
Settings are in
. the Foswiki configure script does not currently display the non-core options,
but should also not remove them. See the Installation Instructions below for details.
- One line description:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = replace the Foswiki User and Groups System with Unix's
- Name of the perl package
- Set STUB = authenticate using the unix users - disable registration.
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server.
Open configure, and open the "Extensions" section. Use "Find More Extensions" to get a list of available extensions. Select "Install".
If you have any problems, or if the extension isn't available in
, then you can still install manually from the command-line. See http://foswiki.org/Support/ManuallyInstallingExtensions
for more help.
- set Foswiki::Users::UnixUserMapping as your UserMapping in configure's Security section
- set Foswiki::LoginManager::TemplateLogin as your LoginManager in configure's Security section
- give permission to webserver user read /etc/shadow file (on Debian: # adduser www-data shadow)