Compatibility of an extension can depend on many variables, including:
- Which Foswiki version you are running on the server,
- Which OS you are running on server and client,
- Which other extensions you have installed,
- Which versions of CPAN modules you have installed,
- Which browsers are going to be used, and how they are configured.
The compatibility field of an extension cannot be taken as the final word on this subject; it is merely a set of guidelines that the extension author has used to indicate what has been tested, and to indicate where there may be problems.