Personal Info AddOn
User personalisation and user search tool.
A set of elements to enhance user information on the user homepage:
- User picture
- Quick overview of the most common user information (customizable!)
- Quickly edit and save user information without editing the entire page
Search tools to find users:
- Quick find phone list
- Quick find face book
When installed, see Main.PersonalInfoHome
for additional details.
The user homepage with user picture and most common information 'lifted' from the extended UserForm. The information that is shown is configurable.
Edit mode of user information
Foolproof editing of most common user data.
Choosing a personal picture
Each user can have multiple pictures and select one of them.
is installed, pictures are scaled on the server so camera pictures can be safely uploaded without fear of network congestion.
Quick search phone list
When installed at our homepage this quickly became the killer app of our intranet Foswiki.
Similar to the phone list but with pictures.
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = User personalisation and user search tool
A note on upgrading
If you are upgrading from a previous version of this add-on, please note that any customizations in PersonalInfo will be overwritten. If you have made any customizations, copy them and re-add them to the new PersonalInfo topic.
PersonalInfoAddOn.zip in your Foswiki root directory.
- You find 2 folders in subdirectory
- First time users: copy the files in both folders (not the folders itself!) to your Main web.
- Check the files in
verify_you_don_t_overwrite_when_copying_to_user_web if you are not overwriting any customizations
- UserForm is provided as example of the default UserForm enhanced with PersonalInfo fields. You can copy this file if you don't have a custom version of UserForm yet.
- NewUserTemplate is provided as example of the default NewUserTemplate enhanced with PersonalInfo fields. You can copy this file if you don't have a custom version of NewUserTemplate yet.
- Optional plugins:
- For fast user data retrieval:
- Install Foswiki:Extensions/AttachContentPlugin
- Enable it in configure
- In Main.SitePreferences set
Set PERSONALINFOADDON_FILECACHE = 1
- Update the info, either:
- Manually: in PersonalInfo, click on the "Update" button. By saving the topic, the attachment is updated with the latest information.
- Automatically: create a cron job to regularly save the PersonalInfo topic.
| Copyright ©:
|| 2007-2010 Arthur Clemens
|| GPL (GNU General Public License)
|| 8554 (2010-08-18)
| 12 Nov 2010
| 15 Aug 2010
|| 1.6 Fixed saving data in stricter Foswiki ('GET' problem).
| 14 Apr 2009
|| 1.5.1 Corrected numerous references to 'twiki'.
| 25 Jan 2009
|| 1.5 Foswiki version
| 08 Nov 2008
|| 1.4.1 Prevent "create new topic links" in edit fields with wikiword names.
| 06 Apr 2008
|| 1.4 Various formatting fixes (version TWiki 4.2 only).
| 30 Jan 2008
|| 1.3.2 Fixes template bug in picture upload screen that caused images to be uploaded as FILENAME.
| 23 Aug 2007
|| 1.3 Made this add-on work on TWiki 4.1 as well. Added vCard format and improved facebook display.
| 12 Jun 2007
|| 1.2 Update for TWiki 4.2 template refactoring (so the add-on will work with default skin as well); images can now be rendered using ImagePlugin; added "table of all users" and face book.
| 07 Apr 2007
|| 1.1.2 Update to match PatternSkin svn release number 13320.
| 07 Mar 2007
|| 1.1.1 Fixed CSS bug on Win Explorer 6.
| 06 Mar 2007
|| 1.1 Modularized include sections to make these easier to override: all local overrides can now safely happen in the PersonalInfo topic.
| 06 Mar 2007
|| 1.0.2 Added
| 05 Mar 2007
|| 1.0.1 Small documentation updates.
| 04 Mar 2007
|| 1.0 First release.
| Demo url: