Host extensions for testing or private distribution
This contrib is a packaging of the Extensions repository of
form of a template web. After this contrib is installed, you can create a
local Extension repository by using the WebCreator
dialog to create a new web
based upon the the template web.
Once a new local extension repository has been created, you use the
command to upload your extension to this new
To install extensions from this new repository, follow the instructions for
adding the repository to your
General usage as a local repository
- Install the ExtensionsRepositoryContrib
- Use the Create a new Web dialog in the System/ManagingWebs topic to create your local repository
- Enter your new repository name ex.
- Click the Show additional settings twisty, and choose
_ExtensionsRepository as the template
- Upload your extension to the Localmirror repository
- Change to the
build.pl upload to build and upload the extension
- When prompted, enter the location of your new repository
- Modify your configuration to install extensions from your new repository
Mirroring an extension from Foswiki.org
- View the desired extension on Foswiki.org using the URL Parameter
?raw=all and save the file as a text file in your new extensions directory
- Download and attach the
Set the following variables in this web's WebPreferences
EXTENSIONS_REPOSITORY_SVN - the URL for the Subversion repository
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server.
Open configure, and open the "Extensions" section. Use "Find More Extensions" to get a list of available extensions. Select "Install".
If you have any problems, or if the extension isn't available in
, then you can still install manually from the command-line. See http://foswiki.org/Support/ManuallyInstallingExtensions
for more help.