- This page lists all wikis (and some not-quite-wikis) that operate in the same space as Foswiki.
- We do not want to fight the others. We want to be transparent, learn from them and just be better. There is no grief or anger in our activities.
- We do not blaspheme or gossip. Especially not about TWiki. We simply watch them and learn.
What you can do
- Please help keep this page well factored by using the discussion page: WikiWatchTalk
Products being watched
Products not yet watched
- ClearSpace (http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/clearspace)
- Mac OS X Wiki Server
- CubeTree (http://www.cubetree.com/) - won Launch Pad Competition at Enterprise 2.0 Conference (http://launchpad.e2conf.com/final-four/)
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria (2008)
Inclusion in this Magic Quadrant is based on an assessment of the market presence and functional capabilities of any product that is generally available in this market as follows:
- It is a product that is packaged, marketed and sold independently (that is, not offered as part of a bigger suite or offering).
- The primary use of the product as advertised in marketing material and as demonstrated in actual use is for supporting general collaboration and social interaction; its use is not limited to a specific industry or business process (such as project management, learning or training).
- There are at least 50,000 users (seats) in total in production, and at least three named customers, each with 1,000 or more users (seats).
- It is a product with the following minimum functionality:
- User management: ability to create, modify or retire user accounts.
- User profiles: information about each user can be accessed by other users.
- Roles and access control: support for multiple roles (for example, editor, facilitator, community manager or moderator) with associated access controls.
- Configurable group, project, team or community areas: end users with the right permissions can create themed areas for a group, project, team or community.
- Document sharing: ability to upload, store, organize and share documents.
- Discussion forums: support for a persistent environment to post questions and answers or to have general discussions.
- Blogs: end user instant publishing functionality that displays entries in reverse chronological order and permits comments from others.
- Wikis: group authoring of collections of pages with support for "click-to-edit," change tracking and internal linking.
Criteria as of 2010 for MQ Internal Social Software
- Provide four references organizations with at least 5,000 employees and be willing to talk to Gartner about the product
- Focus on internal teams - as opposed to externally facing social software
- General purpose - not for specific business processes or verticals
- Market presence - at least 15 different customers, at least 100,000 active seats total across all customers
- user management
- user profiles
- roles and access control
- configurable group, project, team or community areas
- document sharing
- discussion forums
| TopicClassification || GatewayTopic |
| Topic Summary || Lists all wikis (and some not-quite-wikis) that operate in the same space as we |
| Interested Parties || |
| Related Topics || |