Terms of Service for Foswiki.org
Note: this content is pending approval by the Foswiki Association board
By using this site you are agreeing to the following conditions.
The Foswiki.org site is provided for:
- Information for potential and current users of Foswiki,
- Coordination of support activities, including a forum for support requests,
- Coordination of Foswiki development and Foswiki Association activites,
- A Sandbox web as a public experimentation area.
Further, registered users may make use of the
site for development-related testing activities.
You undertake not to use the site for anything outside this scope. Any content that falls outside this remit is subject to removal. Specifically, the Foswiki Association
reserves the right for it's members to:
- Remove and delete any content posted to the site, without warning and without subsequent explanation,
- Ban any user or IP address range from participation on the site,
- Restrict access to specific content areas, where privacy, security or technical considerations require it.
Any registered user may remove or modify any other registered user's content if required (subject to access controls). Good Style
and good netiquette
are essential when collaborating on this site.
This site is hosted in the Netherlands by Sonologic ( http://www.sonologic.nl
). Sonologic has no control over the content on the site (beyond that exercised by any other user) and offers absolutely no guarantee of service.
Response to Takedown requests
Foswiki.org is a publicly-editable website, where any registered user may post content without any censorship. In the event that you feel that content published on or through the Foswiki.org site should be removed (for example, content present on, or linked from, this site violates a copyright), then the Foswiki Association
will do everything in it's power to respond.
If you want to request a takedown, please contact the project by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
with details including:
- Details of content that is in violation, including full URLs if appropriate
- Reasons why you are requesting the takedown, for example:
- Full details of any copyright you believe to be violated, including (as required by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act in the USA)
- The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party
- The infringing materials and their Internet location, or the reference or link to the infringing materials
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works.
- A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of.
- A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
- Details of offensive materials limited by law (please specify the applicable law and jurisdiction)
- Other reasons e.g personal details, spam content, etc.
Please bear in mind that the Foswiki Association
and site is entirely run by volunteers, and it may take some time to respond.
, including restrictions on our ability to remove registrations.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive may be sent to the Chilling Effects project ( http://www.chillingeffects.org
) for publication and annotation. Chilling Effects is a joint project between law schools in the United States that seeks to provide a database and information on the requests to remove information from the internet. Chilling Effects will redact the submitter's personal contact information (i.e. phone number, e-mail and address). To learn more, please refer to the Chilling Effects website at http://www.chillingeffects.org