Sixth General Assembly Minutes
- 20th march 2015, 1315-1430Z
- IRC, Freenode, #foswiki-association IRC Log
- Minute taker: GeorgeClark
- Attendees: AndreLichtsteiner (lapsed), CrawfordCurrie, FranzJosefGigler, GeorgeClark, JulianLevens, KennethLavrsen, LynnwoodBrown, MartinRowe, MarkusUeberall, MichaelDaum, OliverKrueger, PaulHarvey (lapsed), RaulFRodriguez, EugenMayer (non-voting guest), GuilainCabannes (non-voting guest), JanKrueger (non-voting guest)
I. Call for quorum
lead the assembly. An invitation with a preliminary agenda was sent to all members via email on ... Therefore this GA had a quorum. Quorum called at 13:15Z
The following active members asked to be represented according to § 9.7 of the AssociationArticles
II. Election of two vote counters
agreed to count votes.
III. Induction of new members
No new members were introduced.
IV. Election of the of the Board of Directors and substitute members
Candidates for board members:
The two proposed board members accepted their nomination. As the election was uncontested, a "clap" vote was taken.
The "new" board consists of: CrawfordCurrie
There was discussion of whether a substitute board member needed to be elected at this time. After review of the Articles of Association, it was determined that this is not necessary.
V. non-board Auditors / Financial Report
- Main income: membership fees.
- Biggest expenditure: tax advisor (needed for the non-profit status) and FoswikiCamp
were appointed as an auditor on the last GA. Padraig was unavailable to audit.
- Bank and Paypal statements were provided to CrawfordCurrie.
- The Kontoauszug was shared with the meeting as a whole and there was agreement that the financial statement was accurate.
CDot: Auditors report: "I have reviewed activity on the GA account and am satisfied that (the relevant topics) represent a true and accurate statement.
The GA accepted the reports and exonerated the board.
Election of two auditors for the next year
were appointed as auditors for the next GA.
VI. Proposals received from the members for Bylaws
VII . Misc
Discussion of the meeting time for the General Assembly: There was one strong objection raised prior to the meeting about the meeting time. General discussion that: 1) The meeting should be held while daylight savings time is active. This makes it easier for some to attend. 2) We should be able to move the meeting 1 or 2 hours earlier and not inconvenience too many. This will make it most difficult for Western US participants. 5am Pacific time. and 10pm for Brisbane Australia.
There was some consensus that Fridays is a reasonable day for the meeting.
A time for next year's GA was proposed: 8 April 2016, 1200Z. Accepted by "clap" vote.
There was discussion of finances. With the cost of the upcoming FoswikiCamp
and reduced membership, there is risk that we will run short of funds. Following from this, CrawfordCurrie
raised 2 concerns
- Too much member turnover. We need more active members to stay at reasonable level of funds.
- Ther is no perceived benefit for corporations to join the association.
Crawford would like to see the association offer value to a corporate level of sponsorship. Enabling things like participation in "Google Summer of Code". There was also some discussion of "sponsored development", If a corporation can't contribute monetarily to the association, encouraging and rewarding "in-kind" contributions of developers time for features, plugins, etc.
The assembly was closed by LynnwoodBrown